Wednesday 27 February 2008

Biomimicry

Yesterday I heard a fascinating talk on Ted. The speaker was Janine Benyus and her topic was biomimicry. The topic relates to finding solutions in engineering areas that both improve our current systems and are naturally in tune with the environment.



With all the fun linguistics is, I've always wished I'd taken more hard sciences in the good old days. One of my favorite sources that let me tap into the fresh information in this area and is Twis. They are the ones who get me up to date on the quirks and news of medical studies and technology and manage to do it with both wit and language comprehensible to my sad lay ear. Do check these guys out. If this isn't enough to send you there, they're also the people who started the Unicorn Museum and work to spread the word about the Brights.

No comments: