Thursday 17 May 2007

Everyone Says I Love You


I watched a movie called 'Corporation' last night and strangely enough it got me thinking about all the kids I work with...Well, guess what my kids' all time favorite thing to do is? It's to make a teacher re-arrange one of the rooms with them so that the toy kitchen counter can be about a meter away from the wall and they can get in-between the wall and the counter. Then they continue to carry out a diligent search for all the yellow pieces (yes, only yellow) of the legos and collect all the food resembling toys from the school, set them on the counter, and start taking orders. Oh yeah, did I mention that they like to put a familiar looking yellow sign Magdonalds (sic.) over the whole thing? Yes, my nursery kids are very much into McDonald's - the yellow legos are the crispy french fries, the little balls become chocolate-covered ice-cream, and the wooden blocks magically turn into all kinds of burgers. They don't want to serve other food and they cannot really think of any other 'restaurant' except perhaps KFC. I gave in yesterday and tried taking an order, but all I got was: 'Sorry, we don't have salad, but would you like a cheeseburger with some french fries?'

My springtime days in Budapest are slowly coming to an end. I finish work this week, go to London next week, and move out the week after to go on to Poland and the States. I already ordered a giant chocolate cake to bring in to work on Friday and have a goodbye snack with all my little companions. I think I'll actually miss them a little bit despite their little high-pitched voices and their dubious love for McDonald's.

No comments: