Wednesday 17 October 2007

Quay my way


Last week has been a true whirlwind, but today I finally came to a moment of stillness. I took part in an interview with Brothers Quay, shot their studio, and got some prune tea to take home! Their magnificently dark studio kingdom was composed of the Bruno Schultzesque puppets, tables, winding stairs, crosses, and dusty flowers.There I was, sitting with some of the most interesting film makers in the world, breathing in their life, and at the same time being taken back home every time I raised the cup of tea to my mouth. Yes, the smell of those teabags pulled me away and brought me straight to my mother, who makes her indefinitely satisfying prune drink exactly once a year for Christmas eve.


Life is good. I can still hardly believe that this meeting happened. It seems like all you have to do is use some skill in poking around and once you push through, things can't help but start flowing throgh the great barrier of reality.

I met the puppets from this profoundly sad video...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are no comments because all have died of envy?
Personally I have hardly survived...

Paulina Wojnar said...

Envy must be the reason, or else they all fell into severe depression upon seeing the video from the last post...