Monday 16 April 2007

They're heeere...

My dear parents finally made their way to Budapest! They were here last 40 years ago and as they say, some things seem to have changed, as the present lack of Stalin's statues compared to their last visit...I always knew that they did a fair amount of outdoor activities back in Krakow, but the extent to which they've been tirelessly criss-crossing this town for the past few days has been pretty amazing. Every day they come back home and tell tales of new places - places I quite often can't recall despite having been here for a bit longer than those two...

Of course, the family obsession with food has come through as well on their trip and I just wish I had had a video camera to film their arrival. My parents brought two suitcases with them - one with a few things for their stay here, the other one full of food. This is no exaggeration, the list includes 9 types of cheese, 3 loafs of bread, ham, kielbasa, fruit, two cakes, butter, a load of beloved pierogi and bigos. What else could you ask for?

A note for those in Budapest: Farger has reopened, though the main back room remains closed...

Also, I've added a new Budapest photo album to my site - feel free to check it out!

No comments: